The JOURNEY to SELF
An exploration of the self and family using the SATIR METHOD
Assumptions and Objectives:
The Journey To Self . . . starts by reconnecting with your family roots. In both of these 4 day workshops we will revisit the
mysteries of past generations. Virginia Satir's Family Reconstruction and other Satir processes are healing and
integrating ways to make sense of ourselves and others.
The family of origin is our first source of learning. Each family, over generations, passes on morals, beliefs, rules,
attitudes and methods of coping that are absorbed consciously or unconsciously. Character is developed in the
process of learning to survive and cope with the realities of one's particular family. What was useful in the past,
however, may not be useful in the present. Our past can contaminate the present and we often become victims of our old patterns of coping.
You will learn -
- to update the past and to reduce the negative impact of some things learned or experienced in the past.
- to discover your parents as people .... to connect with them as human beings instead of seeing them in their
- let go of what no longer fits.
- to provide freedom for new choices and revised conclusions.
- to access your resources.
- to connect with your creative energies and to move into new directions in gaining deeper recognition and
acceptance of self and others.